The National Conference on Peer Tutoring in Writing is accepting travel-grant applications from undergraduate and graduate peer tutors who are presenting at the upcoming IWCA/NCPTW conference in Baltimore, Maryland, on November 4-6, 2010. Travel-grant applications must be received by September 20, 2010.
Individual peer tutors who have been accepted for a conference presentation, panel, or poster session may apply for awards of up $250. Because NCPTW wants to provide assistance to the broadest range of peer tutors, we invite peer tutors who are part of the same poster or presentation, or who are on the same panel discussion, to submit one application for an award of up to $400.
Applicants must be either undergraduate or graduate peer tutors who have been accepted for a presentation, poster, or panel discussion at the IWCA/NCPTW conference.
In the application letter, applicants shall include the following:
- Name, contact information (including e-mail address), and title of writing center. (Include the names of co-presenters if it is a group application.)
- A copy of your accepted conference proposal
- A statement on 1) how working in a writing center has been important to your personal and professional goals and 2) how attending the conference may benefit you. (For group applications, each group member should submit a separate statement.)
- List of expenditures for the conference (including conference registration, travel, room, and board).
- Other sources and amounts of funding for expenses related to the conference.
Send applications via email to Sam Van Horne, Chair of the Travel-Award Committee, at email@example.com, or mail them to him at:
Sam Van Horne
2800 University Capitol Centre
University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52242