The International Writing Centers Association (IWCA) invites applications for editorial leadership (i.e., co-editors, editorial teams, single editors) of The Writing Center Journal (WCJ). Candidates will be screened according to the following criteria:
- Broad understanding of writing center scholarship and of rhetoric and composition studies;
- Experience with writing center administration and board service with regional writing center associations or the IWCA;
- Ability to marshal institutional support to sponsor The Writing Center Journal and its editors (e.g., course off-loads, cost offsets, administrative support, etc.);
- A record of publication and/or editorial experience with peer-reviewed journals, which may include experience with managing the financial and logistical aspects of journal production, serving as manuscript reviewers, and/or being involved in the production of an academic journal.
To apply, candidates should present the Selection committee with:
- A written statement laying out the candidate’s or team’s editorial vision for the WCJ;
- A letter from an appropriate representative of the candidate’s home institution that outlines the kinds of support that will be provided to sponsor the WCJ;
- A current CV;
- A sample of published writing;
- A response to a sample manuscript (to be provided once the other materials are on file), or a sample editorial response that has been provided to a writer in the past.
By November 1, applications should be addressed/emailed to:
Francis Marion University
PO Box 100547
Florence, SC 29502
Questions regarding the search can be directed to Selection Committee Chair, Jennifer Kunka (JKunka@fmarion.edu), IWCA President, Nathalie Singh-Corcoran (Nathalie.Singh-Corcoran@mail.wvu.edu), or IWCA Past President, Roberta Kjesrud (Roberta.Kjesrud@wwu.edu).