Job Title: Learning Support Specialist (Instructor)
Department/Location: School of Nursing
Work Schedule, Hours, FTE, Salary Range:
Full-time, 1.0 FTE position on a 12-month contract; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Functions/Duties of Position:
The Learning Support Specialist (LSS) assesses the learning support needs of the SON statewide and develops/maintains programs and collaborations to address the identified needs. The LSS works closely with faculty to provide services to individuals and groups of students that support success within their academic programs. Expected outcomes includes: demonstrated utilization of learning support services, improvement of student writing skills, student and faculty satisfaction, increased retention among ELL and multicultural students, and development of collaborations with host campuses and partner institutions to provide comprehensive learning support services.
Provision of learning support services
– Provide individual support for students with studying, test-taking & writing skills
– Train and supervise peer student tutors
– Develop resources for student writing support at all program levels
– Provide study and writing skills workshops for students
-Collaborate with faculty to develop and implement academic support plans for students
Student access to learning support services statewide
– Ensure the availability and quality of learning support services for students on regional campuses
– Collaborate with Student Access and other OHSU resources/partners
– Make recommendations for the continued development and expansion of OHSU learning support services.
Masters Degree in Education or related field required. 5 years experience with learning support services required; experience with health science students preferred. Experience with study skills development. Experience with developmental writing and/or research report writing. Experience/expertise with developmental English. Ability to collaborate and communicate with students, faculty, and academic partners.
How to Apply:
Apply here online by uploading your CV and a cover letter:
The appointee shall provide services as assigned by the supervisor in furtherance of the university’s missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service. Participates in faculty governance, as appropriate, and provides leadership in local, state, or national organizations