The Fifth Symposium on Writing Centers in Asia, April 20, 2013Mar 1st, 2013 | By IWCA Web Editor | Category: Archives
The National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) is pleased to announce the Fifth Symposium on Writing Centers in Asia to be held on April 20, 2013.
Background: In February 2009, the University of Tokyo held the first Symposium on Writing Centers in Japan. Since then, the writing centers symposium has become an annual event, providing an opportunity for scholars, teachers, university administrators, students, and other professionals to come together to exchange ideas about the role of writing centers in Asian universities as well as the teaching and learning of writing. Every year, the symposium attracts a large number of participants, demonstrating the growing importance of writing centers and a high level of interest in the role and functions of writing centers in Asia.
In April 2013, the National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) will host the Fifth Symposium on Writing Centers in Asia.
Conference Theme: The Next Step in Writing Centers.
Location: GRIPS, 7-22-1 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo (Map here.)
Registration: To register, please send an email with your name and contact details to email@example.com. Registration is free.
Call for Proposals: The Symposium Committee invites proposals in all areas of research and practice related to writing centers as well as the teaching and learning of writing. Both research- and practice-based presentations are welcome.
Presenters will have 25 minutes to present and answer questions. Presenters are encouraged to use PowerPoint. The official languages of the conference are English and Japanese.
How to Prepare and Submit a Proposal
- All submissions must be either in English or in Japanese.
- All proposals must have a title (maximum 50 characters including spaces).
- Prepare a summary (up to 100 words), to be included in the Symposium Program.
- Prepare an abstract between 200 and 300 words.
- Provide full name, affiliation, and email address for each of the authors.
- Submit your proposal electronically by clicking on the following link: [http://goo.gl/ofVvk] or visit the The Writing Centers Association of Japan homepage [https://sites.google.com/site/wcajapan/]
Submission Deadline: April 1, 2013
Notification: April 5, 2013