Earlham College Writing Center Director (Open until filled)May 10th, 2013 | By IWCA Web Editor | Category: Positions
Position: Writing Center Director
Department: Academic Enrichment Center
Status: Full time Administrative Faculty Position – 10 months
Annual Salary: Commensurate with experience, including a full-benefit package.
Earlham College seeks a motivated, independent, creative person to direct our Writing Center. The Director will partner with personnel across the College to promote excellent writing. This position is supervised by the Academic Enrichment Center Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selection, training, oversight, and evaluation of peer consultants
- Faculty development workshops and seminars
- Individual tutoring
- Management of the Writing Center website
- Teaching of a grammar course as needed
- Maintenance of the Writing Center budget
- Collaboration in conducting the Summer Writing Initiative
- M.A. or M.F.A. in a writing-related field is required
- Possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience with Writing Center practice and theory
- Demonstrate an ability to work closely with a range of campus constituencies.
- Ability to work with students at all levels is essential
- ESL background would be an advantage
Preference will be given to those candidates with background in Writing Center Administration at the collegiate level and proven success in training and managing student tutors.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the search will remain open until the position is filled.
To apply, please send CV, personal interest statement, and three letters of reference to:
Earlham College Drawer 33
801 National Road West
Richmond, Indiana 47374
Earlham College continues to build a community that reflects the gender and racial diversity of the society at large, and, therefore, we are particularly interested in inviting and encouraging applications from African American, other ethnic minorities, and women. Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham is an Equal Opportunity Employer.