This faculty member will coordinate the work of the university’s Mary G. Walsh Writing Center and teach courses in the English department’s undergraduate and graduate programs.
Responsibilities include the following: overseeing operations of the writing center; developing plans for expanding Writing Center programs and services; tutoring students across the disciplines; working with the university’s first-year writing coordinator, writing intensive curriculum coordinator, faculty across the disciplines, and other literacy specialists on campus to support the university’s new general education requirements in writing; and teaching undergraduate and graduate sections of the writing center practicum. Administrative positions carry a reduced teaching load. 9-month contract, subject to available funding.
- doctoral degree in Composition/Rhetoric (or related field)
- experience in writing program and/or college or university writing center administration
- significant graduate course work in second language writing and/or extensive experience working with English language learners and developing writers
- knowledge of 21st century literacy and learning practices
- a dissertation or ongoing research on any aspect of writing center administration or college-level writing instruction
- experience in distance learning, instructional technologies, and online tutoring
- knowledge of research on writing in the disciplines
- demonstrated excellence in teaching students to compose in digital environments
- background in empirical research
- publications on any aspect of writing center administration, composition studies and/or work with ESL writers
- experience in and a commitment to teaching in a multicultural, multiracial environment with students of diverse backgrounds and learning styles
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please apply online and attach resume and cover letter. Three letters of recommendation should be sent to: Human Resources and Equal Opportunity, 352 Lafayette Street, Salem, MA 01970.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background check satisfactory to the University. Internal candidates are not subject to background check.
Salem State University is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/ghwzvz5