Writing Center Coordinator, Salem State UniversityJan 30th, 2014 | By IWCA Web Editor | Category: News and Announcements
This faculty member will coordinate the work of the university’s Mary G. Walsh Writing Center and teach courses in the English department’s undergraduate and graduate programs.
Responsibilities include the following: overseeing operations of the writing center; developing plans for expanding Writing Center programs and services; tutoring students across the disciplines; working with the university’s first-year writing coordinator, writing intensive curriculum coordinator, faculty across the disciplines, and other literacy specialists on campus to support the university’s new general education requirements in writing; and teaching undergraduate and graduate sections of the writing center practicum. Administrative positions carry a reduced teaching load. 9-month contract, subject to available funding.
- doctoral degree in Composition/Rhetoric (or related field)
- experience in writing program and/or college or university writing center administration
- significant graduate course work in second language writing and/or extensive experience working with English language learners and developing writers
- knowledge of 21st century literacy and learning practices
- a dissertation or ongoing research on any aspect of writing center administration or college-level writing instruction
- experience in distance learning, instructional technologies, and online tutoring
- knowledge of research on writing in the disciplines
- demonstrated excellence in teaching students to compose in digital environments
- background in empirical research
- publications on any aspect of writing center administration, composition studies and/or work with ESL writers
- experience in and a commitment to teaching in a multicultural, multiracial environment with students of diverse backgrounds and learning styles
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please apply online and attach resume and cover letter. Three letters of recommendation should be sent to: Human Resources and Equal Opportunity, 352 Lafayette Street, Salem, MA 01970.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background check satisfactory to the University. Internal candidates are not subject to background check.
Salem State University is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/ghwzvz5