Administrative Coordinator, Baruch College Writing Center (Deadline: March 24, 2014)Mar 17th, 2014 | By IWCA Web Editor | Category: Positions
The Baruch College Writing Center seeks an administrative coordinator to ensure welcoming, efficient, and effective operations in a robust student services center.
The Writing Center provides professional support for undergraduate and graduate students to improve their writing and English language skills and to become more independent, confident, and versatile writers. The Writing Center collaborates closely with academic departments and other student support units to offer an innovative array of programming and services, including one-to-one consultations, synchronous and asynchronous online tutoring, interdisciplinary and honors thesis workshops, and an online journal of model student writing.
In addition to the general duties outlined above, the administrative coordinator will:
- Maintain the online schedule system.
- Administer timesheets for staff.
- Keep records and track data to support our budget, payroll, programming, assessment, and external reporting needs.
- Schedule part-time staff, workshops, staff development meetings, and other programs.
- Maintain up-to-date brochures, handbooks, and website.
- Provide students, faculty, and other visitors to the center a warm welcome and helpful program information.
- Create and monitor progress of new-hire and payroll documents.
- Submit and monitor progress of job tickets in response to hardware, software, and facilities troubleshooting.
- Oversee purchasing processes and documentation.
- Coordinate student and faculty outreach initiatives.
- Oversee part-time employment applications and candidate communications.
- Collaborate with other units to build relationships and streamline procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent oral, written, visual and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail and valuing of accuracy
- Superior organizational and planning skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and sense of initiative
- Ability to learn quickly from models and templates
- Experience developing and maintaining effective and efficient record-keeping and filing systems (fluency in Google Docs and Excel required)
- Ability to navigate complex institutional systems
- Discretion when working with confidential or sensitive documents, information, or situations
- An interest in writing and/or education
- The ability to work productively with diverse stakeholders
Please also highlight in your resume experience with any of the following: WordPress, Contribute, or other online publishing programs; Adobe InDesign or other desktop publishing software; WCOnline or similar online scheduling programs.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select “Apply Now” and provide the requested information.
March 24, 2014
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.