There’s still time to nominate an article for IWCA’s 2014 Outstanding Article Award. The deadline has been extended to midnight April 15, 2014. Digital option (preferred): By April 15, email a short rationale with an attached digital copy of the nominated article to Steve Sherwood, IWCA At-Large Representative and IWCA Outstanding Scholarship Committee Chair at the following address: email@example.com.
Nominated articles should adhere to the following criteria:
- The publication date is 2013.
- The publication addresses one or more issues of long-term interest to writing center administrators, theorists, and/or practitioners.
- The publication discusses theories, practices, or policies that contribute to a richer understanding of writing center theory and practice.
- The publication shows sensitivity toward the situated contexts in which writing centers exist and operate.
- The publication makes a significant contribution to the scholarship of and research on writing centers.
- The publication will serve as a strong representative of the scholarship of and research on writing centers.
- The publication embodies the qualities of compelling and meaningful writing.