Title: Writing Center Coordinator
Start Date: TBD
Hours: 19.5 hrs/wk; Afternoons/Evenings: Monday – Thursday from 4 – 8 p.m. & Friday from 1:30 – 5 p.m.
Description: Responsible for assisting in the supervision of professional and peer staff, managing web-based appointment scheduling system (WCOnline), collecting weekly, monthly, and semester usage data, developing learning resources for the Writing Center in print, visual, and online mediums, creating promotional material for Writing Center services, conducting in-class or evening workshops on a variety of writing-related topics (ex. citation styles, paraphrasing, plagiarism, etc.), overseeing professional trainings, occasional tutoring of undergraduate and graduate students, and providing assistance to the Director regarding day-to-day operations and supervision of the Writing Center.
- Trains Writing Center staff, including professional and peer tutors, on a variety of writing-related topics.
- Works in conjunction with the Director of the Writing Center to manage and maintain the Writing Center information database and all functions of the online scheduling system (WCOnline).
- Oversees the online resources and tutoring via the Writing Center for Endicott students not located on the main campus (ex. Gloucester, Boston, international campuses, and students studying abroad).
- Develops and delivers workshop sessions for students on different aspects of the writing process.
- Consults with faculty as requested, particularly those teaching LST100, ENG 100, Senior Thesis I and II, and writing-designated courses.
- Provides at least 3 – 4 hours per week of tutoring services to students seeking help with their writing assignments at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Actively markets the Writing Center’s services through emails, flyers, public speaking, social media, and other promotional venues.
- Promotes the Division of Academic Resources, the Student Support Program, the Advising and Tutoring Center, Disability Services, and the Writing Center at public events.
- Performs other duties as needed to meet the goals of the Department, Division, and College.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in English or related field (Master’s in Rhetoric and Composition preferred). Experience working in a writing center at the college level (administrative experience strongly preferred). Experience with Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC) and/or Writing in the Disciplines (WID). Experience using Microsoft Office Suite. Proficiency in computer skills as related to the job preferred.
To Apply: Please send a letter of application, resume and names and phone numbers of three references to:
376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
FAX: (978) 927-0084
Endicott College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College’s objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.