Assistant Director, Judith R. Frank Business Communications Center (Review begins immediately)Jul 17th, 2014 | By IWCA Web Editor | Category: Positions
The University of Iowa Tippie College of Business
Undergraduate Program Office (UPO)
Assistant Director, Judith R. Frank Business Communications Center
The Judith R. Frank Business Communication center is seeking an Assistant Director (PCE2) essential for the effective long-term operation of the University. Primary duties are to assist the Director of the Judith R. Frank Business Communications Center, manage the day-to-day operations of the Frank Center, and participate in the administration of policies, programs, and procedures related to student clients and student employees in the Frank Center. Events and activities include but are not limited to: creating the appointment schedules for the center; hiring, training and mentoring tutors; teaching the tutor training course; creating promotional slides and social media content; developing programming to support students in improving communication skills. The position is a 100% time position. Responsibilities will require some time outside the 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. work day.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Reasonable experience (1 to 3 years) in higher education writing or communication centers or in higher education tutoring OR reasonable experience (1 to 3 years) writing and delivering oral presentations in a business environment
• Extensive knowledge of written and oral communication theory and practice
• Working knowledge of and proficiency with MS Office computer applications
• Working knowledge of and proficiency with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and blogging software)
• Expert written and oral communication skills.
• Master’s degree in English, communication studies, or a related field
• Working experience in ESL programming or with ESL populations
• Working experience with online tutoring or with online instruction
• Basic experience with Adobe Dreamweaver or equivalent webpage development software
• Basic experience with WC Online or equivalent web-based scheduling and record-keeping software
• Working experience in post-secondary classroom teaching
• Extensive experience in business or professional (non-academic) communication
• Working experience and demonstrated success in managing a team in a workplace or academic environment
To view a detailed job description, please visit the Tippie Undergraduate Program office website at http://tippie.uiowa.edu/undergraduate. To apply, please visit the University website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu, Requisition No. 64791.
Applicant screening will begin immediately. The University of Iowa prohibits discrimination in employment or in its educational programs and activities on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preference. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all employment vacancies. For additional information on nondiscrimination policies, contact the Coordinator of Title IX and Section 504 and the ADA in The Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity319/335-0705 (voice) or 319/335-0697 (text), The university of Iowa, 202 Jessup Hall, Iowa City, Iowa, 52242-1316.