Nominations for IWCA Executive Board Now Being AcceptedAug 20th, 2014 | By IWCA Web Editor | Category: News and Announcements
The IWCA board is now accepting nominations for the following board member positions for 2014-2016. These are board positions with voting privileges; two-year terms will begin in November 2014 following the NCTE Conference. Positions include:
* Seven (7) at-large representatives
* One (1) graduate student representative
* One (1) community college representative
* One (1) secondary school representative
All nominees must be IWCA members in good standing and be willing to serve as described below. Nominees can verify their member status at:https://www.iwcamembers.org
Nominees for the graduate student, community college, and secondary school representative positions must belong to the constituency they will represent (i.e., graduate student representative nominees must be graduate students).
Board members must:
* Attend online board meetings throughout the academic year.
* Serve on one or more committees.
* Represent their constituency to the IWCA board and report back to their constituency on a regular basis.
* Where budgets permit, represent the IWCA at our three main professional gatherings – the NCTE, CCCC, and IWCA conferences.
Self-nominations are welcome. All nominations should include the nominee’s e-mail address, telephone number, position for which they will run, and role in the writing center world (e.g., assistant director, tutor, coordinator, etc.).
Send nominations to IWCA Secretary Alanna Bitzel at email@example.com by September 30, 2014 at 5pm CST. Please include “IWCA Nomination” in the subject line. Interested candidates are encouraged to attend the September IWCA Board meeting, which is open to all.
I will confirm receipt of all nominations and contact nominees via the email address provided. At that time, I will ask for a personal statement of no more than 100 words that offers a brief overview of the their experience and outlines their plans for serving their constituents and the IWCA if elected. Please do not send personal statements at this time.
Voting will take place electronically from October 13 through October 24. Elected candidates will be notified upon conclusion of the election.
If you have any questions, please contact me via email.