The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites applications for an Associate Director of the Writing Studio, a full-time, tenure-track faculty position.
The Writing Studio is FIT’s writing center and is responsible for a college-wide writing across the curriculum initiative. The Writing Studio’s peer and professional tutors support student writers from diverse academic and linguistic backgrounds in Art and Design, Business and Technology, and Graduate Studies. In addition, the Writing Studio promotes literacy learning across the curriculum through direct consultations with faculty and through faculty development events.
The successful candidate will possess a demonstrable interest in writing center studies, will be capable of motivating and educating a staff of peer and professional tutors, will engage faculty in discussions on writing pedagogy, and will develop new initiatives in an active and growing writing center program.
The Associate Director’s duties will include but not be limited:
- Assisting the Director with recruiting, educating, and managing student aides and peer and professional writing consultants.
- Working with the Director to consult with faculty and develop writing across the curriculum initiatives.
- Planning and facilitating workshops, discussions, and lectures on writing for tutors, students, and faculty.
- Staying current with pedagogical and technological innovations in the field.
- Managing budget, grants, and conducting program/department assessment.
Review of applications will begin October 15, 2015 and will continue until the position is filled.
Additional details and information on how to apply can be found at https://fitnyc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=63105