Center for Transformative Learning
Coordinator of Writing Resources
The Coordinator of Writing Resources will help develop, mange, work collaboratively with other Center for Transformative Learning (CTL) staff members to develop a unified and effective bridge in through and out Berea for students. May teach 1-2 courses annually.
- Recruit, schedule, supervise, and evaluate a diverse and capable Writing Resources staff and work to build internal capacity and leadership in CTL.
- Develop and update resources, and design, implement, and facilitate consultant trainings (e.g. in writing and communication).
- Collaborate with other units and programs that provide support for student academic success.
- Promote Writing Resources through classroom presentations, open houses, faculty workshops, in student spaces, and other venues.
|· Master’s Degree (or Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 3 years of related post- graduation experience in higher education)
· Formal experience, background or training in composition and other communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to manage programs and supervise staff
· At least one year’s work experience with a Learning Center or Academic Support Center (or commensurate experience)
· Strong written, listening, and oral communication skills established through academic record of performance
· Organizational and supervisory skills
· High level of responsibility, initiative, independence, adaptability, respect for confidentiality
· Able to work well with students, co-workers, and faculty
· Skills in conflict management
|To apply, please visit Berea College Career site at: https://myberea.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=1&c=myberea|