Winter Park, Florida
Reporting to the Library Director, the Director of the Tutoring & Writing Center has overall administrative responsibility for the operation of the Tutoring & Writing Center (TWC). This includes teaching credit-bearing courses in the College’s first-year writing program and training peer educators. In this capacity, the Director has a courtesy faculty appointment. While focusing on writing consultation, this role supervises and will work closely with the Assistant Director for Tutoring Services to hire, train, supervise and evaluate the work of over 100 peer educators in writing and tutoring and assess the work of the TWC. The Director of the TWC will join Rollins at an exciting time and will participate in developing innovative and effective ways to integrate TWC and library operations with other academic support services of the College. Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating an inclusive educational community that embraces diversity; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Ph.D., Ed.D. or a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., Rhetoric and/or Composition Studies, English, Applied Linguistics, Language and Literacy); ABD candidates will be considered
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching diverse students in an interdisciplinary and multicultural academic environment
- Experience working one-on-one with students on writing and/or advanced language acquisition in English
- Experience teaching first-year writing in English (especially ESL/ELL/international or cross-cultural sections)
- Ability to supervise staff and student employees
- An appreciation for the liberal arts
- Ability to manage and lead change in a rapidly evolving academic environment
- Experience in a writing center (or related academic support center) or training and supervising peer educators is preferred
Founded in 1885, Rollins College is a highly selective, comprehensive liberal arts college with approximately 3,200 students in diverse degree programs at both the undergraduate and graduate level. The campus, noted for its lakefront beauty and unique location, is set in the residential community of Winter Park, just 15 minutes from one of the nation’s most dynamic urban centers, Orlando. Florida’s oldest recognized college. Rollins College has been ranked one of the top regional universities in the South in the annual rankings of “Best Colleges” by U.S. News & World Report.)
Rollins College offers a generous benefits package featuring comprehensive health coverage, retirement savings plan with generous employer contribution and full tuition waiver after one year for employees, spouses, domestic partners and dependents.
Interested candidates may view the complete position description and apply online through the Rollins College employment website. Apply link: http://jobs.rollins.edu/cw/en-us/job/492522/director-of-tutoring-and-writing-center
Application Deadline: Friday, March 3, 2017.