The Writing Center Journal
WCJ has been the primary research journal of the writing center community for over 30 years. The journal is published twice annually.
A message from the current editors, Michele Eodice, Kerri Jordan, and Steve Price:
We are committed to publishing strong empirical research and theoretical scholarship relevant to writing centers. In addition, we seek to build a stronger research community for writing centers. To that end, we are committed to three key practices. We will:
1) Provide meaningful feedback on all manuscripts, including those we choose to reject.
2) Make ourselves available and accessible through retreats, workshops, and other engagements at regional and international writing center conferences.
3) Coordinate online professional development events related to The Writing Center Journal and our research community.
For more information on our professional development events and how to submit an article for WCJ, go to http://writingcenterjournal.org
WCJ can be added to your IWCA membership package, see: (link here to member page)
Databases and indexes that provide some full-text access to Writing Center Journal:
- CompPile: http://comppile.org/
- The MLA International Bibliography (issues back to 1997), which can be accessed through CSA Illumina (from ProQuest), Ebsco, FirstSearch (OCLC), InfoTrac (Cengage Learning/Gale), Literature Online (Proquest), Literature Resource Center (Cengage Learning/Gale), Academic OneFile (Cengage), and Expanded Academic ASAP
- Writing Center Journal archive at WCRP: http://casebuilder.rhet.ualr.edu/wcrp/wcjournal/search.cfm
- Education Research Complete ( The Writing Center Journal only, 2006-present)
The Writing Lab Newsletter
The Writing Lab Newsletter is a forum for exchanging ideas and information about writing centers in high schools, colleges, and universities.
Articles focus on challenges in tutoring theory and methodology, handling ESL issues, directing a writing center, training tutors, adding computers, designing and expanding centers, and using tutorial theory and pedagogy.
In addition to articles, issues contain conference announcements, book reviews, professional news, and a column by and for tutors. The newsletter is published bi-monthly from September to June.
Access to Writing Lab Newsletter, hosted by the RiCH Company: http://writinglabnewsletter.org/
The NEW! IWCA Update
To contribute news and announcements for the next issue of IWCA Update, e-mail Alanna.Bitzel@athletics.utexas.edu . Update is made available to members via e-mail. Issues are made available on the website two months after distribution to members.
Volume 9, Issue 1 (February 2014)
Volume 9, Issue 2 (April 2014)
Volume 9, Issue 3 (May 2014)
Issues after May 2014 were distributed via email (without attachments).
IWCA Update Archive
(The IWCA Update [first run] ended publication with issue 8.2 in Spring 2008. Volumes 4-8 are linked below.)