CALL for APPLICATIONS: 2022 IWCA Future Leader Scholarship Awards
The International Writing Centers Association (IWCA) is committed to providing professional development opportunities to student members of the writing center community and recognizing peer tutors and/or administrators at either the undergraduate and graduate level who demonstrate strong leadership skills and interest in writing center studies.
The IWCA Future Leaders Scholarship will be awarded to four future writing center leaders. Each year at least one undergraduate student and at least one graduate student will be recognized.
Applicants who earn this scholarship will be awarded $250 and will be invited to attend a lunch or dinner with IWCA leaders during the annual IWCA conference.
To apply, you must be an IWCA member in good standing and submit a written statement of 500–700 words discussing your interest in writing centers and your short-and long-term goals as a future leader in the writing center field. Submit your application through ụdị Google a.
Your statement might include discussion of:
- Future academic or career plans
- Ways you’ve contributed to your writing center
- Ways you’ve developed or would like to develop in your writing center work
- Impact you’ve made on writers and/or your community
Criteria for Judging:
- How well the applicant articulates their specific, detailed short-term goals.
- How well the applicant articulates their specific, detailed long-term goals.
- Their potential to be a future leader in the writing center field.
Applications are due by June 1, 2022.
2021 ndị nnata:
- Tetyana (Tanya) Bychkovska, Mahadum Northern Arizona
- Emily Dux Speltz, Mahadum steeti Iowa
- Valentina Romero, Bunker Hill Community College
- Meara Waxman, Mahadum Wake Forest