IWCA 2022: An Un-CFP
October 26-29, 2022
Check out the Conference Program HERE
As IWCA members share their experiences in centers across the globe and within different types of institutions, we are increasingly mindful that writing center practitioners must more directly engage with questions about the myriad nature of writing center work, oversight, spaces, human labor, research, and the language we use to define our practices and our relationships as well as the practices themselves.
Download Whova our
conference app to your phone or tablet.
Student (undergraduate and graduate)-$250
Draft conference schedule
Rather than following the traditional route of theming the annual conference, we propose an Un-CFP, which invites members to present on the issues and dialogues at the center of their centers, loosely categorized as follows:
- Labor and Institutional Oversight
- Language, Literacy, and Linguistic Justice
- Pedagogy and Training
- Research and Methods of Inquiry
- Politics, Power, and Relationships
- Anti-oppressive Frameworks that sustain resistance to racism, colonialism, linguicism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia, and Islamophobia
As of October 1, 2022, restrictions for entering Canada will end.
We continue to monitor the COVID situation and its impacts on travel and in-person gatherings, and we will communicate any changes to our plans as needed.
- COVID19 protocols: The Canadian government has just removed its vaccination requirement for travellers from outside the country. In the conference hotel, unvaccinated guests are encouraged to wear masks.
Questions? Contact Shareen Grogan, IWCA 2022 Conference Chair,
shareen.grogan @ umontana.edu
Planning for Next Year?
Annual Conference: Writing Centers as Multi-Verse
- Date: October 11/12-14
- Location: Baltimore, MD (Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor)
- Co-Chairs: Holly Ryan and Mairin Barney