The International Writing Centers Association (IWCA) is committed to providing professional development opportunities to peer tutors at all levels and recognizing peer tutors who demonstrate strong leadership skills and interest in writing center studies.
The IWCA Future Leaders Scholarship will be awarded to four future writing center leaders.
Applicants who earn this scholarship will be awarded $250 and a one-year IWCA membership. Award recipients will also be invited to attend a virtual chat with IWCA leaders during the annual IWCA 2021 conference.
To apply, please submit the following information directly to Future Leaders Scholarship Chair, Rachel Azima: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A written statement of 500–700 words discussing your interest in writing centers and your short-and long-term goals as a future leader in the writing center field. Please also include your full name, email address, institutional affiliation, and current position/title at the institution in your written statement.
- Tetyana (Tanya) Bychkovska, Northern Arizona University
- Emily Dux Speltz, Iowa State University
- Valentina Romero, Bunker Hill Community College
- Meara Waxman, Wake Forest University