Interested in posting a job? Email IWCA Digital Team Coordinator Elisabeth Buck at email@example.com. Please note that content may be condensed in order to assist with this page’s readability; abridged versions and/or hyperlinks to full ads are encouraged.
Writing Services Coordinator, Simon Fraser University (Deadline: July 6th, 2020)
- Master’s degree in English, Rhetoric, Linguistics, or equivalent, and three years of experience, including post-secondary teaching experience, administrative and pedagogical experience in a post-secondary writing centre, and experience providing writing support programs for English as an additional language (EAL) students; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Knowledge of writing centre theory, policy, and practice.
- Ability to develop and deliver post-secondary writing support programs.
- Ability to conduct needs assessments for and evaluation of writing support programs and services.
- Knowledge of current literature regarding the study, implementation, and support of academic literacies and writing in higher education, and with issues related to English for academic purposes in disciplinary contexts.
- Knowledge of areas such as linguistics, theories of effective rhetoric and composition, additional language acquisition, writing in the disciplines, writing across the curriculum, writing to learn/writing-intensive learning, and cognitive learning theory.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and presentation).
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and supervisory skills.
- Proficient in the use of a variety of software applications (e.g., word processing, database, presentation, web editing).
Assignment End Date: March 31, 2022
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.
Job description available here.