IWCA is pleased to offer travel grants to help IWCA members attend the annual conference.
To apply, you must be an IWCA member in good standing and must submit the following information via the IWCA membership portal:
- A written statement of 250 words articulating how receiving the scholarship might benefit you, your writing center, your region, and/or the field. If you’ve had a proposal accepted, be sure to mention that.
- Your budget expenditures: registration, lodging, travel (if driving, $.54 per mile), per diem total, materials (poster, handouts, etc.).
- Any current funding you may have from another grant, institution, or source. Do not include personal money.
- Remaining budgetary needs, after other funding sources.
Travel Grant applications will be judged on the following criteria:
- The written statement provides a clear and detailed rationale for how the person would benefit.
- The budget is clear and demonstrates significant need.
Preference will be given to the following:
- The applicant is from an underrepresented group, and/or
- The applicant is new to the field or a first-time attendee